Monday 1 June 2009

May Reading List

So - ten books read this month at £1 each means a £10 donation to Book Aid which brings my total donated for this year so far to £50 plus another £14.10 in gift aid. I'm pretty impressed that already I've "fined" myself enough to send more than 40 books overseas and it's nice watching the total funds grow. I set myself a target of £150 for the year so either I need to read 100 books in seven months or encourage sponsorship!!

May's reading was quite heavy on the fantasy side with magic, dragons and werewolves all featuring:

The Dragonfly Pool - Eva Ibbotson
The Adamantine Palace - Stephen Deas
Son of the Shadows & Child of the Prophecy - Juliet Marillier
A Guide to the Birds of East Africa - Nicholas Drayson
Heir to Sevenwaters - Juliet Marillier
The City & The City - China Miéville
The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher - Kate Summerscale
Bitten & Stolen - Kelley Armstrong

The inclusion of one non-fiction book was much needed and, now that my bookshelves are all organised, I'm looking forward to reading more non-fiction work in June. Famous last words as I have a birthday haul due and I have my fingers crossed for several books featuring dragons, magic or both!

No comments: