14:00 Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Norfolk, England.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Storm - Tim Minchin (it arrived yesterday and it is just gorgeous!)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Chocolate hob nobs!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a long time reader who lives in a thatched cottage in a small village in the beautiful English countryside with my husband and two dogs.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? Read more books! Although I say that every time but still get distracted by all the lovely activities that are going on around this event! Such as twitter (#readathon) or the new goodreads group!
19:20 First Book Finished
I've not been very active (yet) as I've hunkered down to read this afternoon and had a couple of small accidental naps but I've just completed Broken Homes by Ben Aaronovitch and I am off to find myself a regency-ish romance to read next.
21:10 Mini-Challenge: Show it off!
Great idea for a mini-challenge hosted by deadbookdarling!
Here's a selection of my beloved signed books. This picture includes books by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Margaret Attwood, Iain M. Banks, Toni Morrison, Patrick Rothfuss and Douglas Adams.
Since I started almost exclusively reading on the kindle, I've become more and more attached to beautiful editions of favourite books and trying to grow my collection of ones that are signed by my favourite authors. I lovessss my treasures...
23:57 Second Book Finished
Just finished reading A Lily Among Thorns by Rose Larner. I do very much love a Regency Romance but this one didn't really do it for me. Oh well. Toying with the idea of a change of pace next as I am getting tired - perhaps a comic? Off to browse the tbr pile!
00:34 Third Book Finished
I finally got around to reading the first Scott Pilgrim book which I enjoyed. I do have the second book sitting next to me but I am tucked up in bed now and, as I have had flu this week, I'm not feeling tip top and am really very tempted to have a little snooze.... Must keep reading...?
01:45 Sleepy Time
A massive bought of coughing after my last post put paid to any chance of sleep so I have been reading Matched by Ally Condie instead. This was a 99p Kindle Daily Deal earlier this week and so I bought it as a potential read for this weekend. I now need to stop reading and get some sleep!
My internet went a bit wonky but when I woke up I finished Match and also the second Scott Pilgrim book. So that's 1493 pages (or 5 books) in 24 hours. Not bad! I do so love an excuse to spend the weekend reading :)