Saturday 3 January 2009

Tynemouth

Over New Year, Mr B and I packed up what seemed like half the house, as well as the dogs, and spent a week in a lovely cottage in Tynemouth, Northumbria. My brother and his girlfriend live nearby so we had a very relaxing break spending time with them and walking the dogs on the nearby beaches. Being in a cottage with no internet access and the tiniest TV known to man meant that I had plenty of time to read the papers and several books. What luxury!

On NYE we went into Newcastle to admire their excellent firework display and then it was back to their place for a delicious meal and several rounds of Scattergories. I suspect this is a sign that we are all getting old but I don't really care.

I've only just downloaded the photos from my camera but here's one of a poppet enjoying the view near Tynemouth Priory:

No comments: