Saturday 31 January 2009

January Reading List

So the first month of the year is over and what a cold end! I've been dreadfully disorganised this year and am half way through four book reviews but I will finish writing these over the next couple of days and update this post to link in to them.

This is also the end of my first month participating in the Year of Readers project and I've donated £10 to Book Aid to cover my self-imposed "fine" of £1 per book for this month. Feel free to join in and/or donate!

I've really enjoyed the books I've read this month - it's (unusually) pretty heavily weighted towards Sci-Fi books as I am taking part in the Sci-Fi experience. I think I have been really lucky so far in that I've really enjoyed every single new author I have read and have certainly got some pretty good wishlist ideas as I start to catch up on some of the other books these guys (and it was mainly guys) have written! The only remaining question is where I would put them all but there is a wall in our dining room that I call dibs on... I've got a large stack of books to keep me busy on the Sci-Fi front throughout Febuary as well - although there are so many in the TBR pile that I think it might turn into a 2009 Sci-Fi experience! Erp...

January Reading List:
Snow Crash - Neal Stephenson
The Bookshop - Penelope Fitzgerald
The Gates of Ivory - Margaret Drabble
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
Clockwork Heart - Dru Pagliassotti
Glasshouse - Charles Stross
Aunts Aren't Gentlemen - P.G. Wodehouse
Gridlinked - Neal Asher
Daughter of the Forest - Juliette Marillier
The Dispossessed - Ursula Le Guin

No comments: