Tuesday 29 July 2008

Man Booker Longlist

The Man Booker long list, chosen from a total of 112 entries, has been announced and includes five first novels, as well as two by previous winners. I've made a pretty slideshow for ease of clicking to find out what each book is about!



Erm - is now a good time to confess that prior to doing a spot of digging on Amazon, I'd only heard of Child 44...? I was half considering reading the whole list before the short-list is announced on 9th September but perhaps I'll hang on and let the judges lighten my load first before reading the final six before 14th October!

2 comments:

GlassCurls said...

I'm very glad it's not just me ... I'm just in dispair at the fact they chose Rushdie again, but it's not like I can actually do anything about it!
Saving yourself for reading the shortlist sounds like a very good idea

Peta said...

My heart did sink when I saw his name! I have read both Midnight's Children and Satanic Verses but they just don't do it for me to this level. Perhaps this one will?

The papers are bound to have articles so perhaps they'll help me to feel a bit more inspired!