Thursday 19 June 2008

What Fun!

I've been reading Joe Abercrombie's fabulous trilogy this week - starting with The Blade Itself on Saturday night and I am now on the last book which is Last Argument of Kings. Hrmmm - I clearly know how to live my life to the full... staying in to read a book on Saturday night! It's been great fun but I'm going to wait until I finish the last book in the trilogy before I post about it. Hopefully that'll be soon. Actually, hopefully not as then I'd have finished them all and his next book won't be out for aaaaaaaaaaages.

In the meantime, here's a link to SFX magazine's top 100 Sci-Fi authors where the top ten looks like this:

10. Robert Rankin
9. HG Wells
8. Philip K. Dick
7. Iain M. Banks
6. Isaac Asimov
5. George RR Martin
4. Douglas Adams
3. Neil Gaiman
2. JRR Tolkien
1. Terry Pratchett

There's lots of discussion about the list over at the Westeros forum and that's probably understandable as the list is skewed towards British authors given it's been voted in by a British magazine. I really need to read more work by some of the "classic" authors on this list but I am glad to see Neil Gaiman and Iain M Banks that high.

As I am kind of posting about him, I should mention that Joe Abercrombie made the list at number 81 and was typically modest about that on his blog today.

No comments: